Wednesday, June 4, 2014

From former student James (Jimmy) Doone

Hey Mister B!

This is Jimmy Doone. I was in your 5th grade class of 1983/84 at Santiago Hills. I honestly can say that year in the portable classroom was the only year I truly remember. The Oregon trail game! That was awesome. I can still remember all the work I used to do to wrack-up as many team points as I could. I also fondly remember the hiking trip we did on a Saturday with Mr. Cantu (is that right?). I recently thought of you last Christmas when I returned to Washington DC for work (World Trade Advisors). It was the first time that I returned there since we went for the summer DC trip. Actually, I was telling the cab driver that the last time I was there was with you in the 80's. Hey man, you were great. I want you to know that I think very highly of you and I am very grateful for the year I had with you. Do you still have a bird in your classroom?

Enjoy your retirement!

I live in NYC now, working in finance, environment and sustainability for WTA.

James (Jimmy)  Doone

No comments:

Post a Comment